The must-attend online event for leaders from the IT & Digital community with keynote talks, breakouts and an exhibition hall - all hosted live on a virtual platform. Free to attend for end users in leadership roles in technology - join us from anywhere in the world.
NEW DATE: Thursday 2nd July 2020
Virtual Summit - this event will be delivered online.
The Virtual Summit
The Digital Leader 2020 Summit on Thursday 2nd July will be going ahead as a virtual event, delivered fully online.
The Virtual Summit will retain all of the main features of our standard conference programme - with keynote talks, breakouts and an exhibition hall - all hosted live on a virtual platform. We will also be running Q&A sessions to enable audience participation, and facilitating networking and business engagement opportunities over the course of the day. Not only will you be able to enjoy our full line-up of speakers - but you’ll be able to log-in remotely and join us from anywhere in the world.
As technology has evolved, IT has transitioned from a background support function to a core driver of value creation and competitive edge. This shift has placed senior technologists at the heart of the organisation where they are increasingly critical to decision making, strategy and leadership.
The Summit will explore the evolution of Information Technology as a discipline, discussing the increasing role of technologists in driving innovation, efficiency and impact within the business. The programme will also examine some of the most crucial components of leadership, looking at culture, vision, team building and communication.
The Summit is geared for senior technology leaders, and designed to provide an opportune forum for knowledge exchange, discussion, collaboration and high-level networking.
Trends: Emerging technology, industry research and business analysis
IT Evolution: The changing nature of IT and Digital as a discipline
Leadership: Strategy, empowerment, communication, motivation and empathy
Culture: Creating a culture of inclusion, innovation and exploration
Impact: Technology as a driver of innovation, improvement and problem solving
IT Management: Investment, ITAM, vendor management, waste reduction
DIGIT has rapidly grown into the largest independent business technology community in Scotland. We run an extensive series of conferences focused on core areas of emerging Technology, Digital and IT. We also run Scotland's leading IT & Digital News Platform with over 100,000 page views per month.
The events provide a unique platform for knowledge exchange, drawing stakeholders together to explore best practice, technological innovation and business outcomes. Our conferences attract a senior delegate following and have become renowned as an important forum for high-level networking.
We are delighted to announce that DIGIT will be running our entire Q2 conference programme in a virtual environment. Not only will you be able to enjoy our full events line-up for April, May and June - but you’ll be able to log-in remotely and join us from anywhere in the world.
Gary GrawfordDirector of Group Technology & Transformation, AKQA
Kate Forbes MSPCabinet Secretary for Finance, The Scottish Government
Bjørn RiiberLead Domain Cloud Specialist, EMEA, Citrix
Deryck MitchelsonDirector of Digital & CISO, NHS NSS
Richard MarshallTechnology Analyst & Principal, ConceptGap
Puneet SachdevInternational Director, Human Capital, The Singularity Lab
Carolyn JamesonChief Legal & Policy Officer, TrustPilot
Steven RitchieVice President of Information Technology, AMI
Ian McGowanManaging Consultant, Barrier Networks
Lisbeth McNabbFormer COO & CFO, The Linux Foundation
Mark StephenJournalist & Broadcaster, BBC Scotland
Ray BuggFounder, DIGIT
2019 Conference Agenda
(2020 Coming Soon)
08:30 Registration Opens
The opening session will examine the evolution of the IT & Digital profession, considering how the role is changing and looking at how senior technologists can make the greatest tangible impact to their organisation.
09:20 Welcome and Introduction
Mark Stephen, Journalist & Broadcaster, BBC Scotland
09:30 The Changing Nature of the IT Role
• Why the IT role is now critical to the business
• Shift from background support to innovator: more aligned; involved in strategy, planning, customer delivery
• IT evolution: more data, tools are more advanced, IT is more equipped to leverage change
• What this increased business engagement is delivering in practice: Control Centre, digital platform
• Challenges to business engagement and how they can be addressed
• Challenges of fast changing landscape, always need to be learning and aware of new tools and technologies
Callum McLean, Head of Innovation and Data, Natural Power
09:45 Driving Organisational Value with Technology
• Delivering a digital strategy is where impact can be maximised
• Leveraging technology to improve efficiency, process and delivery
• Effective support for continuity systems releases resources to build new technologies
• Ensuring organisational alignment and line of sight
• Dealing with challenges and creating a culture which embraces change
• Benchmarking progress: benefits realisation are the metrics of success
Christopher Wroath, Director of Digital, NHS NES
10:00 Entrepreneurial Lessons for Digital Transformation: What Goliath Can Learn From David
Exploring entrepreneurial wisdom and how it has grown over the past ten years
Exploring why these tenets can help leverage change
Using these steps as a framework for digital transformation
Applicability in any enterprise environment
Prioritising customer focus and understanding
Retaining the end-to-end organisational vision
Leah Hutcheon, CEO, Appointedd
10:50 Refreshments & Networking
The session will explore key areas in a smaller group environment. Four breakout sessions will be run in parallel and then repeated, providing delegates the opportunity to attend two of the options on offer.
11:30 Breakout 1
12:05 Breakout 2
Breakout A: The Future of Work – how to transform communications in the digital age
• The way people communicate has changed, find out how this impacts your employees
• How to build the right communications strategy
• Evolution of communication & the Future of Work
Sunny Dhami, Head of Product, Ringcentral
Breakout B: Building the Intelligent Digital Workspace
• The Age of Digital Change and the C-Suite opportunity
• Digitalization; accessibility, improvement, innovation and the impact
• Platform based approach to Digital Workspace delivery
• Modernizing the application landscape in the Digital era
Bjørn Riiber, Lead Domain Cloud Specialist, EMEA, Citrix
Breakout C: Everything Starts with a G
• Connectivity always needs to touch the ground
• Why are hardware vendors getting excited about 5G ?
• The impact persistent high speed connectivity will have
• How does a CIO take advantage of all of this?
Graeme Gordon, CEO, IFB
12:35 Lunch & Networking
This session will provide an opportunity to attend an extended presentation on a specific area of interest. The three streams will be run in parallel and delegates will select one of the three options to attend.
13:30 5 Steps to becoming an Inspiring, Influential, Effective Technology Leader
• Continuing on your Upward Career Path
• Developing your "Leadership Presence" & Confidence
• Helping People Maximize their Performance
• Looking good in front of Upper Management
• Motivating, Inspiring, and Leading with Positivity
• Earning True Respect and Loyalty from Everyone
R. Michael Anderson, Serial Entrepreneur & Author
13:30 Mapping Success: Driving Positive Customer Outcomes and Experience
Discover how the changes in IT and digital are affecting customer behaviour and expectations
Define the cross-channel customer experience and what people think, feel and do at each stage of their journey
Collaboratively design your future to minimise risks and maximise ROI
Test and measure your success with meaningful data and customer feedback
Deliver organisational efficiency and better customer outcomes by embedding a user centred culture in your organisation
Esther Stringer, Managing Director, Border Crossing UX
13:30 Four Steps to Align your Organisation for Innovation
• Find out why digital and tech teams are the best catalysts for change
• Learn how to get the conversation started at your organisation
• See the value of balancing analytics and intuition
• Understand the risks of ignoring your audience and your processes
• Get an actionable framework to align all departments for collaboration and action
Liza Horan, Director & Digital Strategy Consultant, Media Moxie
The final session will focus on organisational culture, looking at how leaders can help create an environment and culture that promotes innovation, opportunity and inclusivity. The session will then end with an extended Q&A panel to reflect on the key themes of the afternoon session.
14:15 Building and Developing the Team within a Culture of Inclusion and Diversity
• The importance of understanding both the individual and team dynamics
• Where these dynamics can work together to create an environment that offers opportunity, challenge and reward
• Supporting our people with internal networks
• Seeking out the next generation of technology talent from across all backgrounds
• Promoting inclusion and diversity
Ronnie Corse, Head of Technology, Sky
14:30 Leadership: Creating a Culture that Delivers
• Creating a culture of innovation and experimentation
• Building an authentic organisational identity
• Empowering, engaging and motivating your teams
• Modern management styles
• Meaningful performance metrics, trackers, progress review, benchmarking – how do I know how I’m really performing
Andrew Dobbie, Managing Director, MadeBrave
14:45 Panel Q&A
• R. Michael Anderson, Serial Entrepreneur & Author
• Esther Stringer, Managing Director, Border Crossing UX
• Liza Horan, Director & Digital Strategy Consultant, Media Moxie
• Ronnie Corse, Head of Technology, Sky
• Andrew Dobbie, Managing Director, MadeBrave
15:25 Closing Remarks
15:30 Networking Drinks Reception
17:00 Close of conference
*The conference programme is provisional and subject to revision
Virtual Summit - this event will now be delivered online. Instructions about how to join will be emailed to those registered closer to the date and will be available on the event website.
Digit Leader 2020 on Thursday 2nd July is free to attend and only open to end user IT & Digital Leaders (e.g. CIO’s, CDO’s, IT Directors, IT Managers, Transformation Directors, ‘Heads’ of Digital, Security, Architecture etc). Please only register if this applies to you. If you are outwith this criteria then unfortunately your application will be declined.
If the booking form doesn't show below after a few moments, or there is a technical issue, open the form here https://wt280.infusionsoft.com/app/form/dl20booking
Delegate Terms and Conditions
The online booking form constitutes a legally binding agreement. We cannot be held responsible for the non-arrival of registration information.
Cancellations must confirmed by 5pm June 30th 2020 via this cancellation form.
It may be necessary for reasons beyond the control of the organisers to alter the content and the timing of the programme or the identity of the speakers. Where conferences are free to attend, a £99 + VAT charge will be levied should the delegate fail to attend on the day and not notify the organisers before the specified time & date.
The personal information provided by you will be held on a database by DIGIT and will be not be shared with exhibitors, sponsors and supporting organisations of the conference unless permission is granted at the point of registration via the opt in box.
If you do not wish your details to be used for this purpose, please do not check the box on the registration form. For more information and any further enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on DIGIT and any further enquiries, please contact by email at
email@example.com or by phone 0131 553 9381
If you are experiencing issues with the below form not showing (Chrome web browser) please use a different browser e.g. internet explorer first then try and clear your cache and cookies. If it shows, please go ahead and book as usual. You will get a thank you page and email confirmation once successful.
You can also open the booking form here https://wt280.infusionsoft.com/app/form/dl20booking
If you still have issues with booking, please email your first name, last name, email and job title to and we'll get you registered. Thanks for your patience, we are working with our system provider to fix this ASAP.